Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A little late but better than never


I thought I would start a blog about the upcoming arrival of Quinn and life in general. At this point I am 28 weeks pregnant and he is due March 1st. Yesterday I went to the doctor and everything is going great. His heartrate is 147 bpm which is awesome and he and I both are measuring on track.


After my lovely glucose test 2 weeks ago (can you say flat orange sunkist) I was happy to learn that I do not have gestational diabetes nor am I anemic. I also recieved my Rhogam injection since I am Rh-. I go back to the doctor for my next appointment on December 29th when I will be 31 weeks!


At this point we are still waiting on the nursery furniture to arrive although we have been told it will be here this week!! I can't wait to get it all set up and get the mattress off the floor and his little clothes off the bookshelf. Did I mention how cute little boy clothes are? I must admit I was quite suprised at first.


The dogs and cats are doing well with the preparations and at this point really don't seem to care. We play a dvd that gets them used to the noises babies make. We also let them check out his new stuff when we bring it home and we randomly turn on his swing so they will get used to the movement and noise that comes from it.


The hardest part is getting them used to the fact that they will get less attention once he arrives. We want to make sure that all the new transitions for them (not being allowed in the nursery, etc) are done well in advance so that they don't associate the changes with Quinn but rather are already used to them.


Hopefully my blog will become more interesting as we progress through the 3rd trimester! I am attaching a picture of me at 28 weeks in case you are interested in seeing my pg belly :)


2 comments:

  1. You are too cute in that picture! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. And Rosie is right, you are cute. Thanks for keeping us updated and glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete