This week has been a pretty good one. Wednesday was Jamey and I's 3rd anniversary :) I had to work but left early so that we could go see "It's a Wonderful Life" at the Alabama Theatre. It is a historic theatre in downtown Birmingham (they showed "Gone with the Wind" when it first premiered! It is a gorgeous place with balcony seating and ornate decorations. Before the movie they have organ music and a sing-a-long. I love the organ music! I must admit that the seats are not quite as comfy as a new movie theatre and that being pregnant made it even more uncomfortable but it was still a great night!
Then yesterday was my last day of work!! There will only be about 1/3 of the kids at the center today and I don't have kids in my room on Fridays so I don't have to go in :) So today we have very exciting things planned...haha yeah right! Jamey is getting his haircut, we're going to the bank and Jamey has to deliver a subpeona. We might go to Starbucks this afternoon because we have a gift card!
Tomorrow we are having Christmas with Jamey's dad and stepmom and then Sunday we drive to and from Tennessee to celebrate with his mom's side of the family. Then on Tuesday we go to Georgia till Friday!!! I'm very excited as we haven't been in almost a month. We get to see the entire family (many who haven't seen me since before getting pg) and Lindsay will be driving down so we can see her too.
On a pregnancy related note: for the last 2 weeks or so I have been itching! My stomach, chest and back are constantly itchy for no visible reason. My skin is not dry, I don't have exzema, and there is no rash of any kind. It has been slowly getting worse and more constant so after being woken up multiple times Wednesday night by the itching (which even occurs in the shower and while I'm putting on lotion) I called the doctor. They said to try Benadryl and hydrocortisone cream yesterday/last night if that didn't work to go fill the steriod Rx they would call in. Well about 10 minutes after taking the benadryl the itching seemed to go away...yeah that lasted all of 30 minutes and it was back. So today we are filling the Rx and most likely at my appointment on the 29th they will do lab work to try and determine what is causing it. Jamey keeps telling me it's normal and that I worry to much but I can't help it. So now I'm all nervous about what is wrong and making me itch and hoping it's not serious. But of course google is not my friend and makes me even more paranoid. Apparently there is a liver problem you can develop during pregnancy that makes you itch for no reason. Ahh well I will hope the steroid helps and that the itching goes away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment